Conduct and Lifestyle Expectations
The Student Life Office asks students, as members of the Judson community, to take personal responsibility for the following areas. The complete listing of the Judicial code is available online in the student handbook, which can be found in MyJudson.
- The spirit of honesty, integrity, and fair play respecting the rights of others is expected.
- Any form of sexual immorality including but not limited to pre-marital sex, adultery, homosexual behavior, and the use of pornography is prohibited.
- The use of hallucinogenic drugs and substances (including marijuana) or narcotics not authorized by a physician is forbidden. Under no circumstances is the use, possession, or distribution of the above allowed on or away from campus.
- The use of tobacco products is prohibited on campus or at University-related activities.
- The use of alcoholic beverages and/or simulated alcoholic beverages is not allowed on campus, in campus-approved housing, or at any off-campus activity sponsored by the University.
- Profanity and obscene behavior will not be accepted.
- Compliance with local, state, and federal laws is required.
- Assaulting, harassing, or endangering in any manner the health and safety of any person is prohibited.
- Compliance with regulations in the Student Handbook and with the directions of University personnel is expected.
Community Lifestyle Expectations
Judson University is a Christian educational community, and communities function best when their members willingly abide by established standards of lifestyle and conduct for the well-being of the community.
Judson University adheres to certain biblical principles as men and women in pursuit of both academic excellence and Christian ideals and values, and our personal conduct should reflect this pursuit (2 Tim. 2:15; Col. 3:12-17). Judson University has the responsibility of maintaining an environment conducive to learning and Christ-centered community living, and therefore, reserves the right to discipline any student whose behavior is inimical to its purpose and standards.
Students at Judson University are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner. This includes the respectful and courteous use of and prompt response to email and voice mail messaging as well as responsible digital citizenship.
Off-Campus Expectations and Incidents Involving Judson Students
Judson University reserves the right to take necessary and appropriate action to protect the safety and well being of the campus community and its students. It may become necessary for the University to take appropriate action as a result of student incidents off-campus that are contrary to the University’s mission or that affect the ability of students to function well in the University community, at University sponsored events, and/or in educational settings.
In the event of complaints from the community, citizens, or agencies, the University will cooperate fully with local authorities in performance of their duties. Authority for deciding what off-campus incidents may affect on-campus environment is vested in the Dean of Student Life and Leadership, at which time he/she may charge the student with a violation, wait until an investigation is done, or choose not to pursue charges in the University discipline system. Students involved in criminal or civil proceedings could also be charged in the Judson University Judicial Code.