Department Chair: Dana Pautsch
Jeremy Butler, Jack Groppel, Jamie Herrick, Larry Jinkins, Heather Johnson, and Sean Stochl
Want the competitive edge? Looking for a career that incorporates the love of the game with the need to succeed? Judson’s Department of Exercise and Sport Science prepares students for a variety of careers in Sport Management and Health and Wellness. The warm-up starts now!
Programs in Exercise and Sport Science offer:
- Ample credit hours available after core/Gen Ed requirements allows students to pursue a minor or cohort of other “purposeful” courses and gives students the autonomy to truly customize their learning experiences to best meet their end goals.
- The newly-revised, data-driven curriculum features courses that are aligned with core competencies that provide skills and abilities that are highly-marketable and desired by employers.
- The variable-credit internship option allows students to tailor their capstone experience to best suit their needs and goals. In addition, the ESS “internship pipeline” will provide a seamless route from the classroom to career.
- Experiential learning opportunities exist within nearly every class in the core.
- Colloquium experiences for upper-level students create a cohort-style approach to undergraduate preparation that increases synergy and accountability and provides an extension of learning opportunities through shared experiences.