Judson University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in employment or its programs and activities, including admission to Judson University, participation in all of its academic and co-curricular programs, eligibility for its various financial aid programs and all college services in compliance with all federal, state and local laws prohibiting such discrimination, including Title IX and its implementing regulations.
The following individual has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the application of Title IX and its implementing regulations to Judson University, as well as all other inquiries regarding this non-discrimination statement:
Roderick "Roger" Simmons
Director of Diversity and Spiritual Development
1151 N State St.
Elgin, IL 60123
For further information on notice of non-discrimination, visit the Department of Education website for the address and phone number of the office that serves your area, or call 1-800-421-3481.
Diversity is an ethos embraced by the University to foster inclusion, service, and quality of life amongst our global and local communities. Strategic actions toward achieving diversity goals facilitate meaningful and sustainable impact throughout the Judson community, enriching the University as a whole.
Our goals are to:
- Maintain and increase the institution's diversity population based on the existing urban context
- Cultivate an environment where people of all backgrounds can thrive academically, socially, spiritually, and professionally
- Implement plans to support diversity activities throughout all areas of the University, including:
- retention efforts
- curriculum transformation, and
Strategies for achieving these goals include:
- Continued recruitment and retention of diverse under-represented populations of faculty, staff, and students
- Measurable initiatives that facilitate recruitment, retention, and graduation of diverse under-represented populations
- Scholarship and grant opportunities for diverse under-represented populations
- Support for multicultural student organizations and leadership opportunities
- Linkages to external support groups/organizations/societies